Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go-to flies for waters you've never fished

Quote: You need to start tying and then I'll send you a couple secret patterns for stocker 'bows that are just killer... Or remind me next time we fish and I'll give you a couple... ... Plateau Angler

Hey, David --

I have a new "secret pattern" I've been working on and I'd love for you to give it a workout. Can you shoot me an e-mail or give me a call so I can send you some? Or, if you're coming to watch Tim Doyle this Sunday at LRO I can get them to you there.

I have a feeling these are gonna work really well in some of the slack water near Happy Hollow and on towards Betty's Island. I'm anxious to see what you can do with them!

Gerry
    "I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck

David...I'm anxious to see what you can do with them!
    OK Gerry...Honestly...giving them to David is not much of a test...I believe he could catch monster fish with oak leaves duct taped to a rusty 16p nail....

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
    Trey,
    I will look around when I get home and see if I can find one of my starter vises. I have a couple, and you are more than welcome to have one if you would like it. I will shoot you an email with the details if I find it, that means if my wife hasn't thrown it away yet.

Travis
    I couldn't take that from you. but your offer is more than generous. I'm one of those types who have great difficulty accepting gifts that aren't going to be repaid. I would pay you, however.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteCz View Post
    OK Gerry...Honestly...giving them to David is not much of a test...I believe he could catch monster fish with oak leaves duct taped to a rusty 16p nail....

I could see that
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeteCz View Post

Actually, I did see him do that one time up on Lynn Camp Prong. The line he was using was just a strand from an old cable he found sticking up out of a tree trunk that must have been left over from an old logging operation. (No way he was gonna let a monster 'bow break him off again!)

I just thought my way would give the fish a sporting chance
    "I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck

For Trout:

Zebra midges.
    Pheasant Tails.
    Wooly Buggers.

Bass:

Wooly Buggers.
    Clousers.
    POPPERS...if you are fishing for bass, you NEED at least a couple poppers!
    "I wish I was fishin'..." -me

Yeah, I can understand those. Everytime I cast to rising bass at a local pond they shy away (with a popper, that is).
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com