Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to your board. I am from northern Kentucky and am an avid flyfisherman. I most enjoy going after trout, mainly due to the scenery that they are most commonly in, but will use the flyrod on just about anything that allows. For my area, that means farm ponds, but love to travel and fish anywhere and everywhere possible. Hope everyone out there is fine and the fishing is great.

Default Welcome aboard....

Glad you could join us. I don't think you'll find a nicer group of folks than here at the LRO Message Boards.

Glad your a part of the board now. Plunkers right, this is a great message board. Everyone gets along w/ each other unlike the other non-fly fishing boards. Great group of people, and you should be able to meet a majority of them face to face at Troutfest in May...

Welcome, Bugbiter! Glad to have you on board. I'm sure you'll be hearing soon from Jeff, another north-Kentucky FF addict.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Hello, bugbiter! My son and I lurk and read on this board just about every week. Hope you gain as much knowledge as we have from the fellas on this board! Being fairly new to fly fishing, we still have to get out our books and other info to make sure we know what they are talking about! Have fun, and enjoy the chats! flyguys.

Quick correction! When I said fellas in the previous post, that DID include any ladies that are on this forum. Sorry for the oversight,m it was not intentional!

This girl "fella" takes no offense.

Welcome to the board, Bugbiter.

Paula

Default Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone. I look forward to reading many of the post. I am hoping to come down to fish the area in the park on the third weekend of January. Hopefully the water flow will be under control and I can get in a few good days of fishing. I haven't ever fished this area before and I am looking forward to it. Even if it isn't the best time, the crowds should be down.

Welcome to the board! Fishing in January is fun even if the fish don't want to play much because you'll have the streams largely to yourself...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Default Hello

SO how far north is northern ky? I ask because I'm down in South Central KY
    it is usually better to be conventionally wrong than unconventionally right