Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rod question

I love Loomis rods also. I just sold a metolius HLS 9ft 6wt recently to a friend. I had a chance to buy a 9ft 6wt GLX from Wynns years ago when they were going out of business at a great price (cost) but I hesitated and lost out.
    The only 10 ft 7wts that i know of in the mid price range of $300-$400 is the St. Croix LU and the Redington CPX 10 ft 7wt (owned by Sage)
    I have not cast any of the redington CPS or CPX rods but they have a good reputation.
    I have owned several and still do own 1 LU and they are quality built.

the 6 wt. i was talking about is in your neck of the woods i haven't cast the st croix but have own a 9ft. rod i really like. and they are quality.

After looking at several websites it looks like the st. croiux maybe the way to go. If I buy another standard rod such as a 9' 6wt it will probably be a loomis. With that being said I may also research in buying up a blank and having me a rod built. Any thoughts on that?
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Hear hear for Loomis glass rods for bass, 7 wt for smallies, and 8 wt for largemouth. Have also found it helpful to overline one weight with stiff rod throwing deer hair fly and large poppers.

where are you finding loomis glass rods. I did not see them on their website. I would definately be interested in one of those. I do still want a 10' 7wt rod though just for me I think.

What about the sage flight series rods? Any thoughts on those. I have never owned a sage but I see they have a 10' 7wt. Is this a good line of sage or is it a low line for sage? American made or korean made? Better than the TFO professional?