Thread: Fishing near Pioneer, TN?

Default Fishing near Pioneer, TN?

We are taking a 4 wheeling trip in March to Pioneer, TN and wondering what fly fishing opportunities are near by? Thanks for any information.

Maglite,

My family tree's roots are sunk deep in that area and if you want to cast a fly rod, you'll need to find some smallie water at Big South Fork or if you are hunting mountain trout, there is a very small stocking in Tackett Creek.

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/gis/trou...kett_Creek.pdf

~marc~

Or drive 15 miles to the south and fish the Clinch. I wouldn't waste any time fishing Tackett as it is basically dead, and BSF isn't far behind.

Have to second WaterWolf's suggestion to go to the Clinch. Even though I get aggravated with the crowds at times, it is still your best bet for trout in that area.

Wolf,

Been a while since I have seen you on here. Wet a line recently?

I just recently discovered your real identity.

In case you don't know who I am, here is a hint....

Your mom busted my chops the first day of biology class freshman year. She said I spent too much time on the river and at the Creel.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
    Have to second WaterWolf's suggestion to go to the Clinch. Even though I get aggravated with the crowds at times, it is still your best bet for trout in that area.

Wolf,

Been a while since I have seen you on here. Wet a line recently?

I just recently discovered your real identity.

In case you don't know who I am, here is a hint....

Your mom busted my chops the first day of biology class freshman year. She said I spent too much time on the river and at the Creel.....
    I am drawing a blank. Sorry for that, I will study up and let you know when my memory kicks in. Sounds about right for mom though.

I hunt too much from Sept-May to fish much, I will sneak out some in March but other then that I am pretty much just a mid May to Sept fisherman anymore. Hate the cold as much as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    Hate the cold as much as anything.
    Oh come on now....I know you miss pulling on that cold, half frozen, anchor rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyraccoon View Post
    Oh come on now....I know you miss pulling on that cold, half frozen, anchor rope.
    HA!!! I can remember having to pee into the tube to unthaw the anchor rope on more then one occasion. Or having a deck which was a solid block of ice, etc etc. Not anymore, there are too many nice warm days to fight the cold.