Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laurel Falls (Carter County)

I've always thought that snowy hikes were awesome! Thanks for posting the pics, you inspire me to get out and hike the next time we get some weather...
    "I wish I was fishin'..." -me

Default Find the falls from 5500'

It's actually not that easy...

I had a great opportunity today. A dear friend who is a missionary pilot in Africa was home on furlough and asked if I would like to go flying today. We had hiked to the falls last week and I regretted that I didn't take my camera, so he said we could fly over today. I knew it was rugged, but we had to hunt pretty hard ourselves. I took a few more shots as we circled and I guess this may be the best one to actually see the falls...

Not very good pictures, this was just my point and shoot fishing camera. The lower photo is from a different angle as we are circling. I did get a few good pictures, they just weren't of the falls. Anyway just thought I would share this unique perspective.

Mike

Great shots! That is a really great waterfall. I saw it on my Appalachian Trail section hike from Damascus, VA to Dennis Cove Road over new years. It was a nice hike no just because of the falls, but also because it was so flat and easy. Here is a picture of the falls then:

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMike View Post
    It's actually not that easy...

I had a great opportunity today. A dear friend who is a missionary pilot in Africa was home on furlough and asked if I would like to go flying today. We had hiked to the falls last week and I regretted that I didn't take my camera, so he said we could fly over today. I knew it was rugged, but we had to hunt pretty hard ourselves. I took a few more shots as we circled and I guess this may be the best one to actually see the falls...

Not very good pictures, this was just my point and shoot fishing camera. The lower photo is from a different angle as we are circling. I did get a few good pictures, they just weren't of the falls. Anyway just thought I would share this unique perspective.

Mike
    Very nice, you should find my thread about the Caney Fork, the pictures are QUITE similar. Cessna <3
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com

Mike,

Don't tease me, I think Dennis Cove opens around May 15th, I'm trying to make it up there to see you again some time.

Kincora Hikers Hostel is open year round and Bob Peoples is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. They are right on Dennis Cove Road 3/10 of a mile from the AT.