Thread: Clinch 2/8/09

Question Clinch 2/8/09

I just noticed that the Clinch will be off this afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work. Any ideas about tomorrow?? The upstream level's still over a thousand feet. Are they likely to give us 2 consecutive afternoons of fishing??
    "I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck

Looking at the predicted outflow tomorrow, I would expect a similar generation schedule.

Default Clinch

I'm hoping to fish Monday's small window of opportunity. Anyone been on the Clinch in the last week or so? I'll probably fish above the weir. Monk

I have been to the Clinch the past two days. Caught one brown yesterday, and today I fished for one hour and didn't catch a thing. It looked to me like nobody was catching a lot of fish, if any. Good luck tomorrow if you go.

I went to the Clinch today and it was pretty slow. I caught one rainbow about 7 inches, and hooked into a couple others, but lost them. Overall it was very slow for me. I talked to a few folks who caught a few and said they were pretty small.

Went to the Clinch on Saturday....fished for a couple hours, only a few bites from some small fish. I didn't talk to many who did hook up.

I was up there Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I brought in a half dozen small fish, Sunday I had 4 or 5, with a couple nicer sized rainbows in there. Most of the fish were caught in the first hour or so after the water became wadable. I did talk to one fisherman who caught a pretty nice trout right up against the weir.

Lots and lots of people up there, though.