Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Trips Gone Bad?

Question Fishing Trips Gone Bad?

Well, some my brother and a friend ventured out on the Clinch Sunday (Feb. 11) to try my new v-bottom boat and to hit the shoals bellow Peach Orchard. I had ran the motor on a couple of trips before this day and it has been doing very well. They dropped me off on a nice set of shoals and drifted about 500 yrds on down. Well, some how the motor ended up in a bind and we tried everything to get it to turn over. It is very difficult to turn the pull cord on the old 2 stroke. I checked the gearing and pull string. Any ideas?

So, we pulled the boat up the river about 1/2 mile by wading. Wind was too strong for the oars. Finally, we saw we were not going to make the ramp for the next release and dark and called a friend to save us.

Got home about 8 last night and froze to the bone...

However, it was still a blast to get out there...

Anybody else have any fun stories to share so I don't feel so bad ?
    Last edited by MadisonBoats; 02-16-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Add PIC
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

A couple of years ago, I was headed up to elkmont for my first trip to the smokies. I arrived got everything ready, hiked up a mile or so, took one step into the river slipped fell snapped my rod into two pieces. Needless to say I was not a very happy camper but i just laugh about it now.

I fell off of a ten foot cliff on the Caney a few months back...straight down on top of some really big rocks and dead trees. It hurt a lot.

Breaking a rod is a bad day...

Now falling would not be too much fun either...

Notice my brother in the pic(left); he is wet - he tripped over a log and fell face first in to the nice and warm Clinch... Now that was funny...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    power

When I was a teenager growing up in NC I once hiked for several hours to get to some back country brookie water. I was within sight of the creek when I feel and broke my rod right near the reel. I spent the rest of that day and the next fishing with essentially a cane pole. Didn't really need to cast anyway in that small of a creek so it worked out.
    "even Jesus had a 12 man recon team"

Below is the link to some of the worst fishing luck one could have but it is still funny in the end. Enjoy everyone and the next time you have a bad day on the water remember these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cc6koI0fDo
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Default fishing the park

Drove all the way up above treamont from well several hours away got to the river and realized that the tip section of my rod was back at home? Pretty lousy feeling.
    If it swims throw a fly at it!

Barry Murphy
    828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
    "Healing Those Who Serve"

Carolina Boy that's not a bad trip that is a good excuse to go on over to LRO and buy a new rod. No way the misses can get mad about that. Tell it is like going shopping to relize she had put on two different shoes.....you know that would constitute a day of shopping for shoes. Joking of course but that would really stink to have that happen. Get a four piece and leave it in the trunk as a spare so you never have that happen again.....oh wait thats another reason to buy a new rod. Oh well.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Default sad day lol

In april of 06 i moved west to work at hyde outfitters in last chance idaho. The first day i fished i hiked about two and a half hours into the river side section of the henerys fork thru waist deep snow.I climbed down 30ft plus cliffs to get to the run i had my eye on. on the second cast the indicator dropped an full of adreline i bill danced it an brok the rod in the handle. that was the worst hike out of my life.

<TW>

Sounds like the experience was still worth the hardship!
    power