Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly Boxes

Default Fly Boxes

Today is my 16th B-day.....and I was wanting to go by LRO to pick up a NICE fly-box. So if any of you have any good suggestions I would appreciate all of the advice

Thanks, Lee

Happy B-day!

C&F is the only way to go.

Happy Birthday
    it is usually better to be conventionally wrong than unconventionally right

Birthday Wish?
    C&F Fly-Box...

C&F are good, pricey but good. I'd suggest talking with some of the folks in LRO to see what they would recommend.

Here are my criteria for fly boxes:
    They hold my flies
    they float (obvious reasons)
    they are not too bulky

One suggestion is to write your name and phone number on the box. That way when (not if but when) you drop one and it goes floating down the river or you sit it on the roof of your car and drive away, there's a chance someone who found your box will call you.

In fact, I do the same with my rod tubes and the duffle bag I carry my gear in.

Most fishermen are honest and will give you a call if they know how to reach you.

Last summer, I found 2 fly boxes floating in the river and neither had contact information. I sat them on a rock out in the river where they could easily be found but if there was a phone number, I would have called the guys and told them I had their boxes and flies.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

C F is a very nice way to go. But right now the orvis boxes are on sale and LRO might be honoring that sales price also. But if you got the money go with the best. Personally I have some cheaper ones and some good ones because I tend to change my mind alot on what I want to fish for so I just set up several different cheap boxes so I can keep them ready for on the go.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

sorry forgot to say happy birthday. It is nice to see younger men involved in the sport. It helps to keep it from dying away.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

I got one of the new midsized Scientific Anglers boxes at LRO with the CF style microslits. I like that box a whole lot.

Lightbulb Happy Birthday Troutslayer....

Go with the C F...it'll probably be around well beyond your next 16th Birthday
    Of course this would be a good time to lay in a nice Wheatley Heirloom box that you can give to your great grand kids on your 5th 16th birthday

Default thanks

Thanks to all that wished me a happy B-day. I got a LOT of fly tying materials today. And will probably pick up a C and F from LRO in the next couple of days. The C and F's are my favorite...especially the little midge threaders that they come with. Not that I need them with my young eyes. Thanks again for the Happy B-days.
    Lee