Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brookies in the smokies????

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    If you just want to catch brookies, you should drive from Gatlinburg to Cherokee, stopping when the water looks too small to hold fish.

If this Sam's Creek is that good, I'm afraid I'd have not posted it up on a forum this widely read, but I guess the cat is out of the bag and clinging to a ceiling fan by now on that one.
    Owl,
    I've caught plenty of brookies in the park. That wasn't the question. I was trying to figure out how to get to Sam's creek because I wanted to fish the stream.

It's been widly talked about on this and other forums for years so I don't think it's much of a secret. There are a couple streams where I've caught them and really don't want to publicize the stream name, but Sam's seems to be a very poorly kept secret.

Again, just trying to figure out how to get to a stream I'd like to fish some day.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmcmanus View Post
    Jeff, If you would have gone another couple hundred yards, you would have been at Sams.
    Buzz,
    Thanks.

Next time I get to the Smokys I want to give the stream a try.

Jeff

Yeah, Ummmm.....I was kinda talking to the OP. Sorry! I didn't realize the thread was old.....saw folks sending the OP all over the place, when there are some brookies that are alot closer. Most folks just want to catch one - you know, get that first few out of the way and then start looking at where the big ones live( or the most or whatever their personal thing is...)

PS - Swede would not steer you wrong!
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

Owl,
    Most people would rather fish somewhere they don't have to worry about hooking a Hyundai on their backcast
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    Owl,
    Most people would rather fish somewhere they don't have to worry about hooking a Hyundai on their backcast
    Flyman, I don't know, some of those Hyundai's put up a pretty good fight on a 3wt.

Owl, no problem. I didn't really even read the OP. I was doing a search on Sam's creek and this thread came up with some walking directions. Was trying to confirm if I was "on the right path" (couldn't resist).

Thanks all,
    Jeff