Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Horshoe - Abrams Creek?

Randall-

Byron reported a while back that they don't turn up any browns any more above the falls when they shock. I haven't heard any theories as to what happened to them.

-Milton

I did talk with a NPS trail crew who claim they saw otters eating browns. I can't see how otters would completely eliminate Browns though! I saw enough large Browns in the 70's and early 80's(?) to know they had enough fish to spawn. Wonder if they got some disease specific to them and not bow's- I don't know of any.

Randall Sale
    the Kytroutbum

Talking The Shoes...

Hey everyone,
    I recently made a trip up to the Smokies in early March for spring break and fished both shoes. The big first, then the next day the little shoe (didn't really know it was called the "little shoe", but then again I'm not from the Smokies). I found the little shoe to be better just in the fact that it is still "very slick" it was not nearly as slick as the big shoe. I actually had a fall, with good felts on, at the big shoe. Luckily I was at the end of it because I hurt my leg pretty bad. The trek back to the car wasn't easy and I was pretty sore for the next few days. To me the fishing was about the same to me. I caught about the same number and size of fish both days. To sum it up, I can say that I've fished the big shoe, but from now on I will leave that one alone and go with the little shoe. It seems much safer. I also did not see or catch any browns at either shoes... Just rainbows, but that was ok for me.

Micah Sawyer

TroutBum10

That is the slickest place I have ever fished in my life. I nearly fell several times and my brother did go completely under after sliding about 10 feet and then off a ledge.

I have always thought about taking an inter tube and a pump to just float out to lower Abrams creek...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

MadisonBoats,
    Wow that sounds like a pretty nasty fall. I wonder why Abrams Creek is so slick?

Taking a tube sounds like it would be fun to try...