Thread: Water Temps?

Default Water Temps?

Looks like we will be heading up to Townsend next week, arriving on Monday. I am curious about water temps and wet wading as opposed to bringing my waders? From a glance at the fishing report it appears the water temps are warm enough to wet wade, any thougths or suggestions?

Mike
    "Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton

Mike,

Wet wading vs. waders is kind of a personal preference. Through the last time I went (10 degrees cooler than now), I was still using waders for deeper wading like Little River. I much prefer wet wading because I just feel more mobile. At these water temps (in the 60 degree range) I love wet wading. Again, though, it's all in what each person is comfortable with.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Thanks Charlie,

Ya sound like a man after my own heart. I prefer to wet wade so long as it's possible. It seems to me that as long as the air temps are warm enough and the water isn't too cold, that I can get by wet wading and I prefer to also. I like being able to grab my rod and a few flies along with wading shoes, and being able to just hop in without alot of fuss.

Thanks,
    Mike
    "Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton

Anyone been up in the higher elevations lately and taken the water temps? We are going to be fishing at 3,500'+ this weekend and figured it was still in the lower 50's up that high.