Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here I come!!

Excellent!!

West Virginia <3 (tilt your head to the right for all you old fogies)

Why on earth would you drive down here when you're hours away from the Cranberry Backcountry? That's a sin.
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com

It's a "buddy" trip.

My longtime old bud O mine and I maybe get to see one another 3 times a year now-a-days. This is one of them.

He really likes Townsend, GSMNP, TroutFest, LRO, the folks we know and meet down there, and I certainly have no problem with it all. So that's where we go.

Weather not withstanding this is turning into a very nice week. I just caught two more yesterday on a BWO. The first one was pretty small, but the second one was a chubby 10 incher. A fish that size puts up a pretty good fight on a 4wt line. One more day to go, hope it doesn't rain all day. It rained earlier today, but has cleared up nicely. I have never caught a fish everyday I have been here, this will be a new record if I can land one today.

Mmmm,,,, Clouds and silver linings??

The Jeep is packed and I will be pulling out for my Buddy's place in KY in about two hours.

With any luck, should be in Townsend 11 or 12 Fri.

Ya'all be careful driving!

Sorry I missed most of ya, but I had a great time.

Wish I could say I had a great time AND slayed the fish, but 1 bow and 2 brookies was the meager count. Mostly my fault. Had my fair share of rises and more than a few hook ups, but my timing was off and my luck did not carry me.

Can I blame my new rod?

Marvin,

Glad to have had you in our mountains for a while. Did you get caught in some of the really high water? Some scary stuff there!

Hurry back and slay some more!
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Was up by Chimney Tops on Saturday but we got out of the water bout 6-6:30 before the hard rain started.

From what I hear, and what we saw, that was a good thing!

How did you fare?

Well it's been a little over a week since I got back home to Indianapolis. The trip turned out to be a good one. Friday using a yellow neversink cadis and a yellow sally I managed to catch 4 more fish. Two were pretty small, but two of them were in that 8-10 inch range. My last cast of the day hooked me up with something big. It put up a good fight until my 6X tippet snapped. I don't know how big a fish it takes to snap 6X tippet, bit it was a fish big enough to put a huge flex in a 4 wt bamboo rod.

I'll be back in October I hope that trip is as much fun and as successful as this one.