Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: East Tennesseans

Nice fish bruddah! Notice the TFO rod is that the pro series, I got a bunch of em and love em, Man we talk warm water species and boom you go out and wear em out 2 straight days, well done sir! You going to Troutfest? Like to meet ya.
    If it swims throw a fly at it!

Barry Murphy
    828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
    "Healing Those Who Serve"

Carolina, Yep it's the Pro Series. First good rod I've had (haven't been fly fishing long, especially compared to some guys on this board...I basically learned how to from the guys on this board). Can't make it to Troutfest. I'm coming up on Memorial Day weekend (I do most years), so I'm trying to conserve funds. Would love to though. I would love to meet some of the guests. If you ever need a "guide" to Middle Tennessee fly fishing, let me know. I even know a couple secret spots (pays to keep in touch with your vertebrate zoology professor from college ).

I hear ya man. Listen i have been flyfishing forever and I tell ya the TFO pro series rods are all ya need. At least in fresh water. Man I would really love to come out there and hit the Caney fork with ya my girlfiend lives in knoxville and i go there most wekends so i can totally get with you sometime on a Saturday sometime if ya want to. Hope you have good luck on Memorial day! I will be in Jacksonville Fla buying a new flats boat! can't wait but would really like to get up and fish middle TN, never have!
    If it swims throw a fly at it!

Barry Murphy
    828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
    "Healing Those Who Serve"

Blue,
    Great catches man! Now you are getting into my area of fly fishing, you are going to get hooked on the still water fish now, just another reason to get out and wet the lines!
    It's a Largemouth bass,you can tell by the way the upper lip/jaw bone extends past the eye, and no vertical bars present on side. See pic below.

Hope this helps BRF. Keep slayin' 'em!
    Last edited by bigpopper; 05-15-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    Mark <::::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."

BlueRaiderFan,

Nice fish. Watch out, warm water fishing can get addicting. bigpopper is right about it being a largemaouth. Here's a link to TWRA's sight that helps identify the different bass.
    http://www.state.tn.us/twra/fish/Fis...ckbass_id.html
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Thanks guys. I thought it might me a large mouth because his mouth was so big, but I wasn't certain. It was fun, but honestly, the two bass that I caught had less in terms of fight compared to most trout. I guess all of that riffle swimming pays off in muscle. It is something I will do when I don't want to go far, or when the river is up too high.

Talking Fighting fish

Don't get me wrong, I love trout fishing. Hook a smallmouth with the flyrod and it will like change your mind about the fighting abilities! Smallmouth are back-alley brawlers, if they had teeth........ I wouldn't get in the water! O'k, that may be spreading it on a little thick.
    Best,
    John

Dwayne, crappie are pretty good ... but the best tasting fish, hands down, is a lake trout. Mmmmm, mmmm!

Default GA Fly Fishing for Stripers

We have a group down here that fly fishes from kayaks for stripers. I have not yet joined the craze but to catch a 20 - 40 lb striper on a fly from a kayak Are you KIDDING me! It's gotta be way too cool. Nantucket sleighride on Lake Allatoona.