Thread: Gatlinburg Accomodations

Default Gatlinburg Accomodations

It looks like our family will spend a few days vactioning in Gatlinburg the middle part of July. Since we have an infant child, I am looking at two to three star hotels at a reasonable price. We would also like to be close to the attractions. Does anyone have any recommendations? I haven't been to Gatlinburg in years.

Also, I would appreciate any recommendations as to restaurants. We plan on going to the Pancake Pantry. Any others?

I hope to get in a day or so of fishing while the rest of the family indulges in the tourist attractions.

Try the Riverhouse at the Park...they have a website but you have to call for reservations....they are about as reasonable as anyone....they are at the last light on the River Road before the Park....they are within walking distance of some of the better restaurants, are on the river and there is another great pancake place right across the street....you are also within walking distance of the Park boundary and the WPLP

Our family likes Bearskin Lodge. One block off the main drag at the last traffic light in Gatlinburg. Not too much traffic, and you're just about a mile from the GSMNP entrance. Enjoy your trip! flyguys.

Riverhouse motor lodge is also nice owned by the same people as Riverhouse at the park.

Try sleepy bear cabins. They have cabins all over the area, and at very good prices.

I recommend getting a cabin on the mountain. They are just a bit more expensive and the views are great. Just don't ride your breaks on the way down (use a lower gear to help). As far as food, I think the Hard Rock has good food at a reasonable price.

Carr's Northside Cottages is a very reasonable place and kept very clean. It is almost down town G-Burg (within walking distance and trolley stop there) but is just a bit secluded.......they have the hotel type of rooms all the way up to private cottages that are very reasonable.....I don't think they do the web, but you can google Carr's Northside Cottages and get the contact info....very reasonable, very clean and very quiet.....

enjoy your trip...

bob
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13