Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caney Fork hatches

Nope...Wasn't kiddin...I had to go through that entire pdf file, call my old vert zoo prof with a couple of questions (he's a darn good entomolgist too) and do the research on genus and species to find out that most of them were basically those four flies. Of course you can do variations of those, emergers, etc...I'm no expert, not even close, but I think the hendrickson and brown are good flies right now. Mine got a lot of attention last time I went. Saw hatches in sizes 14-16 last time I went. Couldn't tell you if they were march browns or the hendricksons, but they were brown.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
    Stonefly, I have no clue what RGITF stands for.
    I thought you had a phrase, Rod Goes In Tube First. Been a long time ago.

sb
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

It's just RGIF Rod goes in first. Started obeying that one after I drove off from the Caney leaving a Thomas and Thomas with a Hardy reel on the top of the camper. You've got the advantage Stonefly. Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
    It's just RGIF Rod goes in first. Started obeying that one after I drove off from the Caney leaving a Thomas and Thomas with a Hardy reel on the top of the camper. You've got the advantage Stonefly. Who are you?
    I was thinking you lost a Marriott reel in that episode. But as I said, it's been a long time.

Steve Baker
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Yeah, it's been a long long time. I still have that reel. I haven't forgot you beating me out of that neat canoe at the TU auction. Good to hear from you. I'm trying to get into doing a little more flyfishing as this aging body permits. I guess like Byron you figured me out from the scud dissertations at TU. I'll be looking or your posts. Good to hear from you.

Actually i took the easy way and just asked Tyrone. Did you and Doc make to the SoHo yet?

sb

I haven't been there since the 80's. It

Sorry, I screwed that up. I was trying to type a repl and talk on the phone at the same time. Anyway, it is still stocked by the TWRA, and you can see what access there is from their map section of stocked trout streams. We parked off the road and fish toward the head of the creek. The drakes came off right at dark.

Stonefly, if I can figure out this private message thing, I'll send you one. I'm new to this message board business. My trip to the SoHo is posted in the tailwater section. Look forward to seeing what you have to say.