Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New category?

Default New category?

I am sitting at work planning a float trip instead of working, that means a short lunch today. But I am trying to find information on a float trip on the Harpth river here in Nashville, and with all the interest in warm water fishing and the kayakers that are on this board, I was wonder of what other board members would think of a float trip category? Or just post on the warm water category?

I spoke with Paula and Byron about subdividing the Rivers too; but, I think that idea got tabled...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

I just haven't had a chance to do the rivers thing. It's going to take me a while. I promise to get to it. I think the float trips could go under the individual rivers.

Paula

No worries Paula! I cannot imagine how much work is behind the scenes...

I appreciate all of your efforts to present such a nice forum...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

So I guess topics like bonsai gardening, origami, and midget wrestling are out of the question?
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    So I guess topics like bonsai gardening, origami, and midget wrestling are out of the question?
    You are free to submit any ideas you wish for additional forums.

Paula

That boy ain't right.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

I think we need a General Discussion section, and an Off Topic. The general discussion could help beginners like me plan meals, trips, and learn stuff associated with fishing while not talking about fishing. The Off Topic could bring a boom in posters, and lure the lurkers into controversial topics such as college football
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post
    I think we need a General Discussion section, and an Off Topic. The general discussion could help beginners like me plan meals, trips, and learn stuff associated with fishing while not talking about fishing. The Off Topic could bring a boom in posters, and lure the lurkers into controversial topics such as college football
    Trey

I think I've got quite enough on my hands without trying to moderate a forum on college football, but thanks for the suggestion.

Paula

It doesn't have to be about football, or anything specific. It could be stuff like "What is your favorite drink?" and people would reply- Mountain Dew, Sweet Tea, Water, etc. I think it would be a great way to keep posters active, and it could ultimately increase your sales. While browsing the OT, they get bored, and look at the web page. "Oh cool, there's an online catalog. I could use some new materials, I wonder if they have..."

If not, a GD would be perfect.
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com