Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New category?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Begley View Post
    Trey

I think I've got quite enough on my hands without trying to moderate a forum on college football, but thanks for the suggestion."

Paula
    She's not just a pretty face, she's smart to She's got plently to take care of all ready. I think Byron would be a full time job Plus I'll always remember a famous quote about games with a ball by one of our founding fathers I heard years ago when I was paying far more attention to that type of thing than I should have been.

"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind." Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by flyman; 06-26-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: 42
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

If I may, I would suggest that the more sub-division a message board has the more of the following that it has as well: too much information given about specific bodies of waters. If there is a forum just about one stream/river/etc, it is natural to increase the detail of the posts. Second, too much confusion for newbies who want to post basic questions. If they plan on fishing two streams, were do they post?

Just a thought.

- David
    www.UpperMidwestFlyFishing.com - from spring creeks to smallies to steelhead.

Default New category suggestion

How about a watercraft section?
    A place to talk about boats, canoes, kayaks, toons etc.
    Lots of good info. can be shared about purchasing, setup, rigging and fishing from different platforms. I know there are several very experienced boaters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    She's not just a pretty face, she's smart to She's got plently to take care of all ready. I think Byron would be a full time job Plus I'll always remember a famous quote about games with a ball by one of our founding fathers I heard years ago when I was paying far more attention to that type of thing than I should have been.

"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind." Thomas Jefferson
    Ironic that you post that, Jefferson is one of my relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dornblaser View Post
    If I may, I would suggest that the more sub-division a message board has the more of the following that it has as well: too much information given about specific bodies of waters. If there is a forum just about one stream/river/etc, it is natural to increase the detail of the posts. Second, too much confusion for newbies who want to post basic questions. If they plan on fishing two streams, were do they post?

Just a thought.

- David

A general discussion thread.
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com