Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tellico River?

Default Tellico River?

Has anybody fished the Tellico recently? I'm heading over there sometime next week. I have to grab the $5.50 permit... Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance,

Tarheel

Yes, it is worth it. Make sure and fish Bald River above the falls and the North River. Great places to camp on the North and Tellico. Its a beautiful area.

If you camp at the North River Campground take your own water. the pump is shut down.

A friend of mine has a cabin in the mountains above Tellico Plains. We'll spend the night and do a little fishing on the Tellico as well. I have drove along the Tellico many times, but I have yet to fish it.

Old Baldy looks like a great place to try for some wild fish. The North River looks tempting also.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe you need the $5.50 license if you only fish the North river and the Bald. You must have it to fish Tellico. Wouldn't hurt to check with TWRA

Quote Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe you need the $5.50 license if you only fish the North river and the Bald. You must have it to fish Tellico. Wouldn't hurt to check with TWRA
    I just checked TWRA.com...You don't need the permit for Bald or North. Just Tellico and Citico.

Happy Birthday on Saturday Tyler, hope you catch a few
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Be aware that the Tellico is closed to fishing on Thur/Fri due to the stocking. I hear the Bald/North rivers are fishing well. Bring attractor patterns. The North has the easiest access. The Bald, in the gorge above the falls, probably sees the least number of people simply because its a bit of work to get in and out of. You can also access the Bald above Green Cove by taking the road to Holly Flats campground. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    Happy Birthday on Saturday Tyler, hope you catch a few

Thanks Flyman...I'm gettin' on up there.... Hopefully I'll snag...errr...catch a few next week...

Quote Originally Posted by JoelO View Post
    Be aware that the Tellico is closed to fishing on Thur/Fri due to the stocking. I hear the Bald/North rivers are fishing well. Bring attractor patterns. The North has the easiest access. The Bald, in the gorge above the falls, probably sees the least number of people simply because its a bit of work to get in and out of. You can also access the Bald above Green Cove by taking the road to Holly Flats campground. Good luck.
    I've got a box full of bright chartreuse Tellico Nymphs for the Tellico. I'm thinking anything with bright green/yellow incorporated into the fly will be ideal, given the amount of inchworms out and about. I tied about a dozen the other night...