Thread: Soho 7/12/09 pics

Default Soho 7/12/09 pics

Hey all got in a little well deserved fishing today at the grates. Met my good friend Cb there and right off the bat we both started slayen em......I had 3 casts and 3 fish.....All of mine came on zebra midges of different colors....The sulfers came off pretty good around 3:00 and I ended up with 3 on that.....I think I ended up with nearly 30 And Mike had just as good day....Good fishing with ya bud....

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Check out my gallery.....
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/

Hey Wynnsman, I was there the day before and had a very interesting day. Sulfers (not in great quantities) were coming off and the fish were refusing everything I threw. I threw every variation of the bug I had. Finally settled on one and had a ratio of 2 rufusals to every fish hooked. It was interesting but rewarding all the same. I used the day to bring my 60 year old bamboo W.T. Grainger. I took more time, was more deliberate in my delivery and each fish I hooked caused me to wonder how many others this sweet old fine rod had brought to hand. I also wondered (existentially) if it was underimpressed with my days catch.

It was a real good day for fly fishing. The trout seemed to be keying on zebra midges in the area where we were. I haven't had them go after the same fly like that in a long time. I did manage to catch two an a sulpher before I left right when they were blowing the horn. Enjoyed it my friend.