Thread: Gunnison G1-G2 or G3

Default Gunnison G1-G2 or G3

I am looking for some classic Ross reels. Should you have a Gunnison or a Cimarron that you would sell please email me with details and if possible some photos. Doesn't matter about condition.
    THANKS fearnofishbob2@aol.com

Have you checked EBAY? I bought my first Ross Reel this year from LRO and have fell in love with that reel. I hope Santa might leave me another one under the tree.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Thanks, yes I watch eBay constantly for these reels and have bought some there. I'm the proud owner of several Ross reels and want more. Again Thanks Bob

Is there a particular reason you are looking for the gunnison? I do not know the price range you are in on a used gunnison but I know the CLA reels that LRO sells is awesomely sweet and very well priced for the quality reel they seem to be.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

You are right, I have 2 of the CLAs - a #1 with an extra spool that I bought at LRO and I just bought a #2 that has been fished twice. I currently have 2 of the Gunnisons and I'm looking for more. I also have a Cimarron #3 that I use on a 8'6" 5wt..........I've got a "thing" for Ross reels .........bet you wouldn't have known would you ??

Default My name is Mike

...and I confess that I am an owner of Ross Reels also, including 2 Gunnisons and a Colorado, not to mention a Fly Water. What can I say, they are great reels and even though they may not have the flash of being large arbor or some of the newer alloys, they are about as bomb proof and reliable a reel as can be found at any price. IMHO, Ross made a big mistake in discontinuing the Gunnisons and the Colorados...

Mike
    "Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton