Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Slain in Virginia Campground

I thought the rule was don't ask, don't tell.
    Gone fishing.

Think that applies to another touchy issue Rivergal

Hatchie Dawg you articulated very well your reason for going armed in the park.Shame on the park employee who hates people who protect their loved ones,his post read like the bleat of a whining sheep.

"I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"............author unknown....presumed to be alive....

Rules
    I thought it was against park and national forest rules to have and consume alcoholic beverages.....we see how that rule is ignored,and I don't drink....but I watch plenty who do.
    I saw plenty of it in the Tellico region this past weekend.And some of my neighbors were getting pretty wild.Maybe park workers and officials could crack down on that.
    Self defense is my God given right.

Default Tellico River

Gone fishing.

you are allowed to drink in the park.
    Trevor

yeah i think you can drink at your campsite proper but cant take it (opened) out of there like walk around the campground with an open container.

Whether or not to carry a weapon in the park is a very personal issue for a lot of folks. Regardless of your position, it is just so sad that young couple was murdered. They were camping at a busy campground near the road, which to me equates to a more dangerous site than a backcountry location...

I don't ever carry a firearm, but when this sort of thing happens, I can understand the strong desire to protect family/friends/self.

Who here remembers the two young women that were murdered on the AT in Virginia's Shenandoa section? I believe it was in the early 90s. I could be wrong about the details, but I think they were in a backcountry shelter when it happened.

These things really make you question your safety, but I strongly believe that you can't live your life in fear.
    I got no style, I'm strictly roots.

This post isn't about Park rules...it's about board rules...please play nicely.

Paula

I am glad to see that people can legally carry thier sidearms in the park soon. Hopefully it will not recieve the flak that the Tennessee law has with "guns in parks." It is rediculious......... people just got to understand that people who would kill someone for no good reason or commit other gun violence most of the time don't have a carry permit. If you take the guns away from honest people it just makes it easier for criminals to do thier bidding. As for me, I don't carry a gun in the park, however I do have a knief that would make crocodile dundee proud. And the reason I carry it on my side is more becasue of the aggresive bears we have had recently than people.

I like the quote that someone else had though "i'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"