Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zap A Gap

Thanks guys, no I remember "a little dab will do ya." I'm actually 40, I just act like an 18 year old (I crack myself up)

Hard as hull! believe me I chase fish that have teeth and crusher plates the all sorts a nasty attitude, I totally appreciate the big bruiser browns on the tailwaters but dude you get a nice little applicater brush and no mess, and I can be messy. It is ok if you don't have a drying wheel, although I got a great one at LRO for like 30 bucks worth it! But this stuff goes on kinda thin but one more coat after the first dries and you are golden! I dig Zapagap but way to much trouble for tiny midges,besides what does it take like ten seconds and 6 inches of thread to tie em? You will like this stuff.
    If it swims throw a fly at it!

Barry Murphy
    828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
    "Healing Those Who Serve"

zapagap makes a kit with a section of very fine tube and extra tips so you can use the whole bottle with few problems with very small amounts. try just apply to the thread before whip finishing. brown trout find the ordor of zap offincive let your flys to air dry for several days before using.

Default zapagap

Ok I will ask the question everyone wants to know, Billy have you seen them wrinkle their nose at a fresh zapagap fly? LOL
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Boy View Post
    Hard as hull! believe me I chase fish that have teeth and crusher plates the all sorts a nasty attitude, I totally appreciate the big bruiser browns on the tailwaters but dude you get a nice little applicater brush and no mess, and I can be messy. It is ok if you don't have a drying wheel, although I got a great one at LRO for like 30 bucks worth it! But this stuff goes on kinda thin but one more coat after the first dries and you are golden! I dig Zapagap but way to much trouble for tiny midges,besides what does it take like ten seconds and 6 inches of thread to tie em? You will like this stuff.
    I'm going to look into it brother. Thanks for the advice. Billy, I hear a Brown won't eat one with the wrong size thread on it either.

just reporting what i have heard no personal experiences, you try it and let me know what your findings were, for me i will let them dry and air out just like as always .i will not take any chances, i don't get a chance to fish often enough as it is . i will do anthing to increase my catch rate. not a gambler here.

Billy, sounds good. To each his own and I ain't knockin' ya. I may rib a fella a bit, but I'm never intentionally a jerk. I will probably try letting them dry a bit myself and see if it helps. I'm lucky being about 40 minutes from the best Tailwater in Tennessee.