Thread: Secret Stream

Default Secret Stream

well i never thought i would ever have a post to put in this section. well i geuss i do now. i was asked to keep this spot hush hush.

i have been planning to go to this spot for a couple weeks now. with swine flu and back problems i have had to hold off till today. i seen some pics of fish from here and they drove me crazy.

i seen some deer on the road to the spot

i thought it may rain but it turned out to be a beautiful fall day. colors everywhere and just the right temp. for hiking.

the hike to the spot was one thing but the hike down to the water was, well lets just say... 1 hour to and 30 min's down to the water. it was steep and the damp soil was not a help. seen a former bioligist hiking up and talked for awhile about spots to start. needless to say he had not ever had any luck there.

the falls was awesome. there was not alot of ways to get around on the stream. boulders was the size of my house. i began seeing what i thought was little yellow stone flies flying around but could not catch one to confirm. i saw nothing on the water but the fish had to be there. i have been reading about an oct. caddis with alot of orange and seen an orange sloanes paralyzer and tied some last night. the pools was deep so i tied a SMBB off the back and started fishing. finnally my first fish. not big but worth it.

incase you are wondering yes those are snake boots. it wasn't that i was afraid of snakes but they have the biggest lug of any boot i have. i walk the mountains hunting turkeys and they have never let me down. walking on moss covered rocks..... like ICE. came a hair of killing myself a couple times.

this little fellar was everywhere. might have to try and copy some.

Last edited by dalerio; 10-13-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: forgot picture of one of the falls

Nice pictures and descriptions....
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Nice boots
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Hi Delario,

Great report. Thanks for sharing it with us. Those wooly worms sting. I wonder if trout eat them? You have found a nice secret stream.

Byron