Thread: Fishing near Cnacun

Default Fishing near Cancun MX

Ok, my brother is getting married next May and it looks like Cancun so all his people can get there, well I see that as a fishing trip, so I have checked into some guide services but i was wondering if anyone has fished the area and if there is any do-it-yourself options for the days i don't go guided? Thanks
    If it swims throw a fly at it!

Barry Murphy
    828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
    "Healing Those Who Serve"

Sorry Cancun
    If it swims throw a fly at it!

Barry Murphy
    828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
    "Healing Those Who Serve"

About fifteen years ago my dad and I went bonefishing at a place called Boca Paila... I have very fond memories of this place. We caught plenty of bonefish, snapper, jack, barracuda and even a couple of permit. We rented a jeep in Cancun and drove down. It was truly a great adventure!

I have posted a link below.

www.bocapailamexico.com

I have fished Cancun with surprisingly good results. Caught several bonefish on bass poppers. The wind can be a bummer at times.

The south end of Cozumel Island is supposed to be good.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Paula and I fished there a few years ago. We caught a few bonefish and a tarpon. We missed shots at permit. It was windy as Shawn suggests. Our guides picked us up at the resort hotel before daybreak for two days of fishing. We went through some very dangerous looking neighborhoods then out into the wilderness. Everything went fine until the last day. We were pulled over at a roadblock by Federales and searched. Very young men holding M-16 rifles had me on my hands and knees opening all of our gear bags. It was un-nerving. I would stay in the resort area unless you have a Spanish speaking guide and then I would have some apprehension due to the unrest in that country.

Byron