2-6wt 9ft TFO
    1-6wt 10ft TFO
    2-7wt 9ft TFO
    2- 8wt 9ft TFO
    1-9wt 9ft TFO
    2-10wt 9ft TFO
    1- 12wt 9ft TFO
    Just ordered 7wt 2hand 11ft TFO

BRF good post, to answer your question I have a couple of different rods to accomodate different types of conditions. I store all of mine in tubes and always take a spare when I go fishing.
    Brian

I will probably buy about 3 more rods and reels and call it quits. At least, that's the plan...
    Blue,
    I've heard that one before. I bet your wife was in the room when you typed that response.

Last time I brought a new guitar in the house, my loving sweet, kind, gentle wife (she does sometimes read these posts) asked me which one I was going to sell. The look on her face when I told her I wasn't planning on selling any of my guitars was, let's say, priceless.

The good thing about fly rods and reels is they do not take up as much room as guitar cases and are a bit easier to get in the house undetected.

Also, she knows what a Martin, Strat, Les Paul or Taylor costs. Fly rods are just fishing poles, how expensive can they be? Let's all just keep that our little secret, OK?

Jeff

How do I love thee...let me count the rods....2wt Orvis One Ounce, 3wt. Lamiglass 6 1/2 ft., 3wt. Orvis Helios 8'4", 3 wt. custom built 7' pack rod, 4wt. Orvis Silver Label 7'6", Orvis 6wt 8 ft., 9wt 9", LLbean 5wt. 7 ft....Orvis Fullflex fiberglass 5wt. 7 ft.

Just one. TFO Pro 9' 5 WT. I do cut out on food spending so I can put the money towards a better rod, but a college boy has to eat...
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by flyred06 View Post
    blueraiderfan goodluck on buying just three more and quitting. I can not tell you the times I have said "oh this is the perfect rod, I will never buy another". If we could keep that promise then rod companies would close (glad we can't keep it) lol. I can name at least three more rods I want right now. Keep up the collection and enjoy the excitment of purchasing new rods. Its what keeps us going?
    I have a couple of nice 300 series BMW payments that my wife and I call "student loans." I won't be buying much!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnles1 View Post
    Blue,
    I've heard that one before. I bet your wife was in the room when you typed that response.

Last time I brought a new guitar in the house, my loving sweet, kind, gentle wife (she does sometimes read these posts) asked me which one I was going to sell. The look on her face when I told her I wasn't planning on selling any of my guitars was, let's say, priceless.

The good thing about fly rods and reels is they do not take up as much room as guitar cases and are a bit easier to get in the house undetected.

Also, she knows what a Martin, Strat, Les Paul or Taylor costs. Fly rods are just fishing poles, how expensive can they be? Let's all just keep that our little secret, OK?

Jeff

You should come to Nashville and check out Gruhn Guitars...Nothing like a $30,000 strat to open your eyes.

Thumbs up Not Enough

BlueRaiderFan,

You are not going to use this information as blackmail are you? I guess it is ok since you don't have my wife's e-mail address (I hope)!

Winston BIIx 5 wt
    Winston BIImx 5 wt
    Winston IBIS 4 wt
    TFO Finesse 3 wt
    TFO Professional 8 wt
    St. Croix Legend Ultra 5 wt
    Orvis Silver Label 6 wt
    Orvis Silver Label 4 wt
    Orvis Silver Label 2 wt
    Fenwick HMG 5 wt
    White River 8 wt
    Cabelas Travel Rod 4wt
    Restored Bamboo

I keep them in my "fishing hole" room in rod tubes which are stored in the rod rack.

I think I need a couple more. Maybe I should sell some and trade up.
    Last edited by donwinn; 11-03-2009 at 11:11 PM.
    Don Winningham

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.

Trey--If you had to choose a single rod for the Smokies, yours is an excellent choice.
    Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

Quote Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post
    Just one. TFO Pro 9' 5 WT. I do cut out on food spending so I can put the money towards a better rod, but a college boy has to eat...
    Trey,
    Not a thing wrong with a 9' 5wt. The TFO pro is a great rod that will serve you well for years. I think a 9' 5wt is probably the most versital rod out there.

Jeff