Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Foliage Thread

Scott – thank you for the compliment. I currently have a 18-55 and a 55-200. Just got a new tri-pod and a few other accessories for Christmas and can’t wait to try them out.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by GrouseMan77 View Post
    Scott – thank you for the compliment. I currently have a 18-55 and a 55-200. Just got a new tri-pod and a few other accessories for Christmas and can’t wait to try them out.
    Jason,

It is almost as addictive as fly fishing, there is always additional equipment to buy. You are doing well with your D40, welcome to the world of DSLR.

I also just noticed you were from Heiskell, I grew up just across I-75 from you. Also have known quite a few Elkins in that area during my years.

Jason - your exposure and framing are great! You definitely have an "eye" with your photographs - especially the leaves, stream, and turkey shots.

Those two pieces of glass may be 'kit lenses' but, as you can see from your own photos, they take excellent pictures when properly exposed and processed.

Like Travis said, taking photos is almost as addictive as the fishing part is! I love to capture my trips in pictures as so many of friends don't. It winds up that I am the one with all of the great memories in photos.

Can anyone recommend a scenic drive this weekend that won't be congested? I'm thinking about just driving up to Tremont, and then maybe down the Foothills Parkway. I'd like to drive up to Clingman's Dome, but I think it would be jammed pack. And I'm driving from Clinton, so getting there extra early is probably not an option.

Thanks!

Don't bother with the really high elevations. Dry leaves and 30 mph winds yesterday have left many of the trees up high with bare limbs. 2400-2800 ft. is good...by next week, the colors will probably be best at 1500-2000 ft. I'm guessing. I'm no tree expert though, so YMMV.

Bradley Fork, a few days ago:

Leaves:

Last edited by Owl; 10-22-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

Great shots!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by golfballs03 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a scenic drive this weekend that won't be congested? I'm thinking about just driving up to Tremont, and then maybe down the Foothills Parkway. I'd like to drive up to Clingman's Dome, but I think it would be jammed pack. And I'm driving from Clinton, so getting there extra early is probably not an option.

Thanks!
    I would skip the Smokies and hit the Plateau on the back-roads. Hit Wartburg up through the mountains and you will see wonderful pictures without the hassle...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    I would skip the Smokies and hit the Plateau on the back-roads. Hit Wartburg up through the mountains and you will see wonderful pictures without the hassle...
    Shhhh....
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

great thread.....here are a few of my favs.....haven't been down this year yet but will be spending a ton of time in a few weeks after Abby's surgery. My daughter lives in Seymour and she thought staying down there would be the perfect therapy.....

just above Tremont Institute

Little River by the "Y"

Rich Mtn Road

everyone knows this one....

Lynn Camp Prong

Rich Mtn Road
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13

Default A few I have taken recently

Black Mtns, North Carolina

Linville Falls

Julian Price Lake, NC