Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea?

Default Idea?

Byron,

When we were working on getting the Brookie tags it seems like I remember someone saying that tag #BT0001 was reserved for Gov Bredesen. If this is true I wonder if we could get him to donate it for the auction for Troutfest. If so I imagine it would bring a pretty penny, if anyone had the nerve to bid against you.

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Super, excellent idea. I'll send an e-mail to Dick Davis now. That plate would auction for an amount way out of my budget.

Good thinking,

Byron

E-mail sent.

Byron

Hope it works!

I would be in for a bid. That is a cool idea. I hope to be able to make troutfest this year. If not maybe we could have some internet bids going on?
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Default TU Plate

I may be wrong about this, as happens quite often, but I think the governor refused the tag as he does not like specialty tags. I am not sure who got # 1 though.
    Don Winningham

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.

I checked my e-mail at work this morning and Dick's was returned. I guess he has changed his address. I've got it on my list to call him tomorrow.

Byron

Byron, I was wondering how you think the new NOC store being built in Gatlinburg will affect business for LRO. The building they are putting it in is approximately 20,000 square feet, and that will of course be to hold equipment for pretty much any outdoor activity, but they are supposed to have a large fly fishing section in the store.

What does NOC stand for?

Mark--I assume it is Nantahala Outdoor Center (at least that's how the business frequently styles itself in N. C.).
    If that is indeed the case, I don't think LRO has much to worry about. Their shop at their headquarter center is tiny and has a very sparse sampling of wares, although I suspect their guide service does well. They certainly have the right geographical location and the fellow who runs it, J. E. B. Hall, grew up in earby Bryson City. He's written a lavishly illustrated book on fishing in North Carolina and he tells me he is planning another. The current one, while beautifully done, does not touch on many of the state's trout streams.
    If it isn't the Nantahala Outdoor Center, I don't know.
    One thing is sure, I don't think anyone is likely to be able to replicate part of what LRO offers--personable service, knowledge, close proximity to the Park, spacious premises, a forum such as this one, and a vast array of stock.

Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com