Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heartbroken

Speck Lover,

Offering our thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Mike

Speck Lover,

Your family will be in our prayers.

Mike

Our family will pray for you and yours. God Bless all of you during this tough time.

Default Thank You

Folks,

Thank you for all of the prayers and words of encouragement for my dad and family during this difficult time, I sincerely appreciate it. My dad has stage IV lung cancer, and the prognosis is not good. By no means are we giving up. He is 77 years old and a very proud man. I am trying to do everything that I can to help him, but I have come to realize that I can't make him do anything that he has made up his mind not to do. I'm sure that there are countless others on this forum who have experienced the same thing that we are dealing with. I just hope and pray that I'm doing enough for him and my mother. Again, thank you so much.
    Dave

Long prayer said for your dad and you!
    "even Jesus had a 12 man recon team"

Speck Lover,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers go out to him and your family and his friends.

God Bless,

Byron

Our prayers are with your father and all the family.

Speck Lover,
    My prayers for you, your dad and your family.

Jeff

Spec Lover,
    Bad things happen to us all and if we live long enough, each of us will experience a similar situation like you find you and your family in. I too will remember you, your dad and family in my prayers. At the very least I hope that he can live his remaining days free of pain, but I believe that if his body isn't healed and he passes on, he will suffer no more. I know these times are difficult, but my hope is that some day you can will be standing in the middle of a lovely Spec stream and look back on your Dad's life and thank God that he gave you the Dad he did and think of all the precious times you both got to share..

Speed43

Default Thank You

Thanks guys. Unfortunately the cancer has spread to his brain and the lungs have become a secondary concern now. Starting next Monday, my dad will start brain radiation treatments for 10 days at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem, N.C. He has a positive attitude, and we are prepared to do whatever is needed to help him. The words of encouragement and prayers from you wonderful people mean more to me than I can ever express in writing. May God bless you.
    Dave