Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raven Fork 1-14-09

Default Raven Fork 1-14-09

It finally warmed up enough to get out of the house and back to Cherokee. I caught ten fish from 10-20 inches. My first time fly fishing where I had to break up ice to get in the stream, and I had to look upstream for floating chunks of ice 4 ft wide coming down. Here are pics of the two biggest I caught. Both were 20 inches. One fought like crazy, and the other just threw in the towel after one good run.

Exceptional fish and congratulations! I can never get enough of other folks photos from their fishing trips so thank you for sharing them.

Good looking fish. When you started fly fishing six months ago did you think that you would be so addicted that you would be breaking through ice to get your fix? To steal a line from a song: It's a good thing for you they don't bottle that stuff. Enjoy the fishing. Silvercreek

Congratulations on some beautiful fish!

Thank you guys. Silvercreek, no I did not think I would like it nearly as much, and my bank account sometimes wishses I didn't, but I am definitely addicted.

Good stuff tjw! I'm sure glad someone was able to go. I'm soooo ready to get in the water somewhere!
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

tjw37909, you could do a lot worse than flyfishing. I know of a whole bunch of things that cost more and are bad for you. Nice fish!

Yea cant wait to get back up there to fish again ,hope to be there in late Feb. was there first of Dec. and had a great trip ,one of the best I've had in a while even in the snow and cold . Personally I like the winter for fishing , no crowds and still can catch fish if you dont mind the cold. Nice bows tjw
    Last edited by hillbillydave; 01-22-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: addition

Thanks. I did good that day when it was freezing,but went back on the 20th and couldn't catch a cold.

Wow! great Bow.

A friend and I are heading back that way this weekend. Our first visit two months ago was a bust. Neither of us caught anything. This is our first year fly fishing so we still have alot to learn. I seems ever time I visit a new river I get skunked and when I return I do much better. Hopefully thats the case this weekend.

Anyhow, any particular areas that you have had better luck? Do you find your self fishing the first or second mile of the trophy section more?

Thanks for the input.