Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon Powershot D10

Default Canon Powershot D10

I am in the market for a new point & shoot dig camera. I've read a lot of reviews on the different waterproof cameras and would like to know if anyone on here has the Canon D10?
    I'm also interested in the Pentax W80 if anyone has anything to share about it.
    Last edited by Troutman; 02-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Default Camera

I use the Olympus 850 Stylus S/W proof. Everything is simple and the buttons and
    zoom are easy to use one handed when you want to picture your fish. 8 megapixel
    gives some really nice picts.

I bought a Pentax W80 back in the fall. It is a very good camera and does
    a great job. Even with an amateur such as myself. I had a Pentax W30 and
    the W80 is a great upgrade for the same money. The anti -shake is much better
    on the W80.

what about the one walmart sells now? i think it's a fuji? anybody own/use one

Troutman,

I have the older Pentax w60 and like it a lot. I have heard good things about the Canon, I remember reading a review on several waterproof digital cameras last year at dpreview.
    You can find the intro page
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/
    or skip to the conclusion at
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209...oup/page17.asp

Posted the review above because the Canon was the winner, but the older Pentax w60 also performed well.

Don't know where you are shopping but I have been very pleased with B&H photo.

Mike
    Last edited by MtnMike; 02-02-2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: add a line about the winner

That brings up another question. I've priced several cameras on the net and have kind of narrowed it down to 3. The canon D10, panasonic TS1, and the pentax W80. You mentioned B&H photo. What online sites have you had good service from, and what ones should we stay clear of?
    I would really rather buy from a local dealer like Thompsons photo in Knoxville. camera shops are becoming a thing of the past like most other specialty stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    What online sites have you had good service from,...?
    cameralandny.com

I buy all my rifle scopes, binoculars, cameras, rangefinder, and soon a spotting scope from them.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

crutchfields in virginia and tiger direct
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    what about the one walmart sells now? i think it's a fuji? anybody own/use one
    I believe the link MtnMike posted about DP review covers it, the Fuji rated poorly.
    I have the Olympus 850 as well, it rates higher than the newer Tough series from Olympus.
    I've never heard any negative comments from Pentax Optio owners & the Canon mentioned here sounds good as well.
    I hear Sony has finally released one, i shoot a Sony DSLR & have been very pleased with it, i'll check it out when i see one, i'm partial to my 850 for P&S though

Grumpy

Jubal, for what it is worth, I was in Target yesterday and they had the Fuji on clearance for $130.