Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hip waders for GSMNP

I'm a fan of the waist highs. I had a pair of hip boots once, ended up using them to protect my legs when I used the weed eater.
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Did you weed-eat in your wading boots too?

I might just end up carrying my regular waders. I prefer to wet-wade anyway if its warm enough.

LLBean makes an aqua stealth sole wading boot that weighs in at 1.15 lbs...I have worn this boot on all my trips to the mountain streams....I usually hike in anywhere from 1/2 mile to 4 miles on my trips and walk in with these boots as well as fish in them without any problems....most of my fishing is from late May to mid October and I wet wade in these boots with a pair of nylon fishing pants....cannot see hiking, climbing or carrying anything extra just to stay a little drier.

Default Hip Waders

I Googled "Frogg Toggs Rana" and viewed the sock-foot waders. These look like
    the Red Ball waders I have used for years. Red Ball has been bought out by someone,
    but I can't find out who. I think I purchased the Red Ball waders I am now wearing at
    LRO(the old store). They are OLD! But, they are still great and have no leaks.
    I am going to chance the Frogg's this time. Whoever listed them as an option----
    Thanks.

Gary Burris

The waist highs seem good. I have Chota chest waders that I roll the bib down in warmer weather.
    Gary, break-in that bamboo before I ask to borrow it!

Quote Originally Posted by gburris View Post
    I Googled "Frogg Toggs Rana" and viewed the sock-foot waders. These look like
    the Red Ball waders I have used for years. Red Ball has been bought out by someone,
    but I can't find out who. I think I purchased the Red Ball waders I am now wearing at
    LRO(the old store). They are OLD! But, they are still great and have no leaks.
    I am going to chance the Frogg's this time. Whoever listed them as an option----
    Thanks.

Gary Burris

Do a little review, if you don't mind. If they're good maybe we can get LRO to carry them.

I have the Cabelas breathable hip waders now for about 4 yrs. No leaks wear comfortably and are light. very pleased with them.
    Fishhead

I also fold my Proguide II chest waders down and use as pants when I am not in the mood to wet wade. Most of the new waders seem to be designing the chest portion lighter for this very application.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    I have the Cabelas breathable hip waders now for about 4 yrs. No leaks wear comfortably and are light. very pleased with them.
    Fishhead

Do those have thick neoprene booties for the feet?