Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shirt

Default New Shirt

I would really like to get new long-sleaved shirt for fishing. There are alot of them out there, but my big question is weather to go with cotton or poly/blend. I'm looking for a shirt that gives great movement and will be cool enough for summer use. Thanks in advance for the input.
    Mark <::::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."

Default Poly

Go with the poly/nylon. They dry quickly and feel very close to cotton. The cotton will stay wet if you take a swim, which I have a bad habit of doing. Cabela's Guideware shirts have huge chest pockets and a vented back. Columbia shirts are good also.

Mike

I like the Patagonia Sunshade shirts.

I've found the poly blend to be a little rough on some of the more sensetive chest areas (kind of rhymes with corrolla...), but that's just me. But, polyblends dry better.

where you gonna be fishing, makes a difference in material choice
    If it swims throw a fly at it!

Barry Murphy
    828-400-3335 (Cell)

www.projecthealingwaters.org
    "Healing Those Who Serve"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
    I've found the poly blend to be a little rough on some of the more sensetive chest areas
    Glad I am not the only one who has had this problem. I really need to wear an underneath shirt but that defeats the purpose of the poly blend shirt.

I like the Exofficio air strip lite shirts for summer in the low country, and actually for summer in the mountains too. You can get decent deals sometimes on Sierra Trading Post.

I like the Columbia Bahama II shirts OK, but my favorite is the "Bob's favorite tech shirt" that Feathercraft sells. I like the zipper close vertical pockets over velcro closures.

My favorite is the Under Armour Delta Long Sleeve Shirt. SPF of 50+, vertical zippered pockets, moisture wicking, fast drying, comes in muted/natural colors, etc.... The only part I don't like is the price. I wouldn't buy a cotton shirt, there are plenty of other options out there that have the look and feel of cotton, but are superior in every way.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Spencer View Post
    Glad I am not the only one who has had this problem. I really need to wear an underneath shirt but that defeats the purpose of the poly blend shirt.
    I should not admit this in public, but on one occasion it was driving me so insane (and I was so far from the car in the Park) that I had to break out the first aid kit and use a couple of band-aids.