Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: recipe-

Default one more time a reply

if it's possible to read anything into a voice,on a cd,from many years ago,jerry clowers was very intelligent,at times eloquent,i think his comedy is timeless,he probably didn't realize the goodness and timelessness,in his words,i know i didn't,but that's life.

jim,
    all i ever got to eat was "squirrel wings" and gravy.....plus biscuits, scambled eggs, and. if lucky, a lil peice of country ham.....and, if i was extra good, a lil cup of coffee (but i was about six at the time)
    later when i was about 9. i'd get the squirrels at daybreak with a .22...i hated shotgun pellets for breakfast
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari

I grew up listening to Clower and man am I glad that I'm not the only one that's eaten squirrel! My grandparents were sharecroppers when I was a kid back in the 70's. I used to visit once a year and partake of the simple life. My brothers hunted and since I was so small, I got hitched to the push plow to help till the family garden plot. Only 3 light bulbs in the house, a wood burning stove and a steel tub that we filled and washed me and my brothers in, smallest to largest and then we changed the water. Good stuff. A long time ago.

I love fried squirrel with biscuits and squirrel gravy. Had some back in mid august and now you guys have gotten me hungry. Our squack season is still in through Sunday, guess I better grab the .22 and have at it one last time this winter lol!

mmm fried squirrel yumm. Its even better when you eat it around the campfire after you have been hunting that day.