Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I ordered an Old 'boo

Had'nt seen it before either but looks good on the dark cane, now to find a medalist or old ocean city reel. Seen some medalist really churched up on another site.

I remember seeing that rod or another similar that was refinished and had the multi-color wraps but I just can't remember where. It is definately different.

Have you gave any thought to a Orvis CFO english make. I have one that I use on my cane rod and it just sets that rod off IMHO. I went through the same thoughts you are going through. I might try to post a photo of mine and let you see what I mean. I would not go with one of the new korean made ones just for the nastalgia but ht english ones I would.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Here are the photos that I said I would try and post. Notice the different look in the older english made cfo than the new ones.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Pretty set up. I agree the older English made reels look much better. Of course I've been accused of being an anachronistic ol' fart, event though I'm only 30 something.

First fish on the new old 'boo. Caught on the South Platte. Casts like a gun of a 6wt, got all the line out yesterday and fights like a 1 wt. Man that thing is a blast. Also tried the nymph tip, works good a little stiffer than I expected. Reel is an old Scientific Angler made by Hardy even bears the hardy Logo and stamped made in England (sorry I'm a Hardy nut). Reel is a carbon copy of the Hardy Viscount. Tried the Pflueggers and Ocean City reels just too light to balance it. Poor folks on E-bay probably thought I was nut asking them to weigh the reels. Many more reports to follow, I have found my new favorite big water, big fish rod rod.

That's the fun of bambo. Casts a heavy line and lets you feel the fight all the way to the net. Nice find on the reel. It looks like a great setup. I wasn't aware that Hardy ever made reels for SA.

Nice looking rod. I got my rod from Walter back in December. Now if I just didn't have to work I could fish more!!!