Thread: Fishing dogs

Smile Fishing dogs

Hey guys and girls! Does any one take their dog fishing in the park with them? I have a lab that that hangs out with me and love to go fishing! just asking!

Here is some info on pets in the park

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/pets.htm

I wouldn't mind taking my setter with me if it were legal but he'd have other things in mind of the feathered variety.

There is a thread floating around somewhere about fishing dogs.

Rockcreek--Although I haven't actually gone to the Park's regulations to check it out, I'm almost positive that having your dog along while fishing in the Park is illegal.
    On the other hand, two great old fishermen of yesteryear whom I knew well, Frank Young and Levi Haynes, loved to have their dogs with them (in state waters in N. C.). Levi even had a little backpack made up for his dog, and the dog would carry his food when they took a backpacking trip.
    Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Casada View Post
    Rockcreek--Although I haven't actually gone to the Park's regulations to check it out, I'm almost positive that having your dog along while fishing in the Park is illegal.
    On the other hand, two great old fishermen of yesteryear whom I knew well, Frank Young and Levi Haynes, loved to have their dogs with them (in state waters in N. C.). Levi even had a little backpack made up for his dog, and the dog would carry his food when they took a backpacking trip.
    Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
    Thanks JIM I know you can not have a dog on road prong.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Here is some info on pets in the park

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/pets.htm

I wouldn't mind taking my setter with me if it were legal but he'd have other things in mind of the feathered variety.
    THANKS Birdman!

I was told at the Sugarlands Visitor Center that dogs are not allowed anywhere but paved roads and the little hiking trail behind the visitor center. Thanks for the link to the park reg's.
    Last edited by Knothead; 03-02-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: delete repeat of previous post