Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if guns are allowed in the park?

Default if guns are allowed in the park?

If guns were allowed in the park,and you went into the park armed,to do a little fishing,and the 1 in a million chance of having to actually use your firearm in self defense occurred,say on a bear intent on putting you in harms wayand you killed ther bear,what would happen next,what would be the consequences,legally etc.?

My guess is that there would be so much questioning, paperwork and hassling, that you would probably wish you were ate by the bear. I'll carry anyway. silvercreek

The only time in my life that Iíve ever felt threatened enough to pull out my gun was at Clingmans dome. We had a guy follow us all the way up the mtn. I stopped, he stopped, I got out he got out. I even would just pull over on the shoulder where there was no pull off and he would do the same. I played the stop and go game with him all the way up to the top just to see how many times he would stop. When we reached the top I pulled into a parking spot and he pulled into one beside us. I put in reverse and left the lot and again he followed. At that time I decided to put a stop to the game and whipped it back around into the parking lot and parked. He pulled up beside us again and proceeded to walk up to the truck where he was greeted with a 357 through the window. He just stood there and waved his hand side to side then turned and walked away. It was snowing like crazy and we were the only two vehicles on the mtn that day. This was a very strange looking man with VA tags. My wife and I will never forget his face and we kept his tag numbers in case something happened later. Iím not the kind of guy to jump to conclusions and I trust that 99% of the people are good folks. This guy was from the 1% and very much seemed like he had ill intentions.

I wouldnít worry about the Bears.

Not sure why the title of the thread is "If guns are allowed in the park". I was under the impression that they are now allowed as of Monday if you have a carry permit on the TN side.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    Not sure why the title of the thread is "If guns are allowed in the park". I was under the impression that they are now allowed as of Monday if you have a carry permit on the TN side.
    You are correct. They are now allowed in the park and national forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Anderson View Post
    The only time in my life that Iíve ever felt threatened enough to pull out my gun was at Clingmans dome. We had a guy follow us all the way up the mtn. I stopped, he stopped, I got out he got out. I even would just pull over on the shoulder where there was no pull off and he would do the same. I played the stop and go game with him all the way up to the top just to see how many times he would stop. When we reached the top I pulled into a parking spot and he pulled into one beside us. I put in reverse and left the lot and again he followed. At that time I decided to put a stop to the game and whipped it back around into the parking lot and parked. He pulled up beside us again and proceeded to walk up to the truck where he was greeted with a 357 through the window. He just stood there and waved his hand side to side then turned and walked away. It was snowing like crazy and we were the only two vehicles on the mtn that day. This was a very strange looking man with VA tags. My wife and I will never forget his face and we kept his tag numbers in case something happened later. Iím not the kind of guy to jump to conclusions and I trust that 99% of the people are good folks. This guy was from the 1% and very much seemed like he had ill intentions.

I wouldnít worry about the Bears.
    Creepy. Did he wave his hand as if to say "never mind"?
    I got no style, I'm strictly roots.

I've had a few incidents on various roads, but never in the park. In all but one, it was obvious that these guys were degenerates that would not be reasoned with. The third guy was just an idiot, but did not look evil. I was glad that I had my pistol locked and loaded in all of these instances. You don't have to be evil to do something stupid.

I believe law enforcement would call it reckless endangerment, poaching, disturbing the peace, and probably several other offensives I am not aware of at the moment.

while it is legal to carry a concealed weapon now, it is still illegal to discharge/fire that weapon.
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari

Default illegal to fire weapon

The legality of firing a weapon would depend on the circumstances. Obviously if it came to that one would worry about legal issues after the fact.