Thread: First LR Brown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First LR Brown

Today started out looking good. Five casts after hitting LR I had my first brown brown in the park, then I realized I forgot my camera. It was only a 5 incher but really colorful. That gave me hope that I might get ahold of a bigger one before the day was over, but got called to the station after 20 minutes of fishing and couldn't get back in the right mindset for wild fish, so I snagged a couple stockers in Pittman Center. I am going to try LR again tomorrow and hopefully for more than 20 minutes.

Congrats!! Smokies browns (let alone all 3 species) are absolutely beautiful fish. Some of my first fish in the Smokies were only 5 or 6" long. It's just an added bonus knowing that they're all wild inside of the park...

Nice job. My first brown in the park was almost right in front of the Calhoun House on Hazel Creek. We stayed at #86 (Procter) our first night and I caught about a 7" right at dusk. Best backpacking trip I have ever been on.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

I got mine about a mile below the entrance to Elkmont. If the water is lower tomorrow I think I will try a little further downstream.

my first brown was the first trout I ever caught in my life! It was at the end of tremont road just below the parking lot. It was only about six inches long but he gave me a great thrill. I caught him on a parachute adams fly that I tied myself it was one of my first flys that I tied. As luck would have it I lost the fly before I could retire it. oh well.

Congrats. As it always goes either you have no camera when needed or no one around to assist you in your efforts. But still great accomplishments and wonderful experiences.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV