Thread: 38 lb pack weight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 38 lb pack weight

Geared up for 3 nights. Pack weighing in at 38 lbs. This includes all fishing gear, everything I am taking is in or strapped to the pack.

i dropped 3 lbs as i plan to wear my wading boots in so I do not have to carry 2 pairs of boots.

Does this seem about the norm for most? I know some go in lighter and some heavier.

For three nights that is pretty good.

I have only got to do one three night trip and I was around 45. I do plan to take at least one that length this year.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

38-40 lbs. is pretty close to what my pack normally weighs for a 4 night/5 day trip in early spring when I go alone. Hopefully the weather will be good for your trip.
    Dave

Mine is normally around 50lbs, but I have a cheap tent and carry about 5lbs of crap that I don't really need.

I just did 2 nights this past weekend with fishing gear, water and food I came in at 30lbs. I took a really light cheap pair of vinyl waders I got online for $7 and keen water sandals to wade in. Made a lightweight rod tube out of a flourescent bulb holder, and cut my pack weight from 6 lbs to 3 lbs by switching from an old heavy gregory to a new rei flash 65 pack. Walked 20 miles round trip to Hesse Creek and back in order to fight a monster 3 inch black dace Still had fun though...

That's a awesome pack weight for 3 days i just got back from a 2 day trip and I was 35lbs but I carried my boots and waders and vest and used a mailing tube for a rod holder wrapped with clear plastic tape for water prooffing. Have a great trip!

I don't even want to know what my pack will weigh for my 4 day trip coming up I've taken everything and put in in a platic bin and I am wondering how in the world will I ever get all that in my pack. I've got a feeling some things may get left at home. I'm trying to be prepared but enough is enough, I reckon.
    John 3:16