Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: April One Fish Per Month Challenge

Caught 3 decent bows yesterday at my parents' farm, just below Miller Island on the Clinch. Would've gotten better pix, but I left my camera at home and my phone was in the truck. I was sight fishing from the bank and tried several flies before connecting with a black marabou/peacock hurl woolly booger. Fished about 1.5 hours and had plenty for dinner! Stuffed 'em w/ herbs, wrapped in bacon, and popped them in the oven

Last edited by Carlito; 04-23-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    I got no style, I'm strictly roots.

Love the silver creek outfitters sticker on the fly box. What river did that come out of?

Quote Originally Posted by gmreeves View Post
    Love the silver creek outfitters sticker on the fly box. What river did that come out of?
    Good eye! That sticker's been around awhile.
    You been to Silver before?
    I fish alot out of Ketchum and Mackay ID.
    That was actually my first photo on the board so it was kind of a "test" photo.
    I wouldn't say it on anywhere but the "photography" board but I caught it on the Clinch the other day.

4X

4x that is right below where I caught that 18" just posted in the tail water section. LOL the jail/ church is producing some good ones this year.

Congrats nice looking bow!!! How big?

Taped and witnessed at 22".
    Yeah, I've been fishing this river for 20yrs. and the fish quality low is as good as I've seen it in awhile.
    Last summer was the best sulphur hatch I've seen on the river. With the amount of sulphur nymphs under the rocks I'm figuring another great mayfly summer esp. if these bigger fish are rising!
    No kidding, but 2 wks. ago I taped 8 fish over 18" in four hrs. fishing and broke bows bigger then the one in the pic.
    I shouldn't be posting this only because the really good runs are hard to get on before someone else so try to keep this bonanza amongst ourselves.
    This is the only section of any river I try to keep on the "down low" and that's because of limited rod space compared to any other river.
    Now only the photo buffs will know!

4X

Since I am a noob, I thought my tiniest fish of the day last sunday should be my first fish posted. Forget the monsters, I'm catching bait.

I worked in Sun Valley one summer and have been back several times. I was usually the first one on the preserve just about every day of the trico hatch that summer and really loved that place. The big wood was a quick bike ride down the hill and I probably fished it everday I wasn't on Silver. I did spend several days up on some of the lakes in the Sawtooths and over on the Big Lost and South Fork of the Boise. Man that is a good area.

I do need to head up to the TN tailwaters soon though so I can experience a hatch again.

4-07-10
    Davidson River
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."~Henry David Thoreau

Secret GA stream:
    John