Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't resist!

Barbara,
    Hope you do!

I'd rather be in Townsend in the rain than back here in my office on a sunny day.

I can't wait until I can retire and go to the mountains anytime I want. Hopefully in about 3 or 4 more years (assuming I don't get downsized first).

Hope you do catch a big brown, looking forward to the pictures.

Jeff

I am with you Jeff. I hope to go out in about two. Saving to buy a camper so I
    can stay a week or two at a time.

Jeff and Principal,

My husband is retired now and I hope to retire in 2 years. We have a little camper in Townsend to stay in. We have enjoyed every trip down here. We wonder if it would be as much fun if we could come anytime and stay as long as we liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Jeff and Principal,

We wonder if it would be as much fun if we could come anytime and stay as long as we liked.
    I grew up in Florida we came every Summer on vacation I swore one day I'd live here I live 25 miles outside the park the answer is. It never gets old I spend most of my free time in the park if it's not fishing it's hiking,backpacking/fishing,horseback riding,camping,rock climbing,biking,I do volunteer work with the N.P.S and trial maintenance.........it never get old I make it a point to explore something new every time I go.

I agree with Spotlight it never gets old there is always something new to see or some place you haven't explored. I grew up here and I can say that a lot of the locals never come to the smokies. I think they are bombarded with smoky mtn this or smoky mtn that and it becomes cliche or something. I am definitely a smoky mtn evangelist and love to tell the locals about what they are missing.

Hey Adam the Sam's Creek Specks are calling my name I am free the 30th of April and the 1st of May how bout it you free that weekend? lets pack a lunch and go blue lining.....

Barbara,

The answer is, "It depends". Those who are inclined to enjoy activities in the mountains dearly love going up there as often as possible. I never tire of just driving through and looking at the rivers, dreaming of fishing. Others, those not so interested, can be a bit jaded to all the hype as Crockett indicated.

I have lived here all my life and it never gets old. Many of my fondest, earliest memories are of my family camping out for weeks at a time in Cades Cove, brushing the snow off picnic tables to have a picnic in the winter (when you could actually drive up in the Smokies in the snow) and rock hopping with my sibs in the streams (before I knew how much fun it was to fish). 57 years and still enjoying it immensely.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2L8 View Post
    Barbara,

The answer is, "It depends". Those who are inclined to enjoy activities in the mountains dearly love going up there as often as possible. I never tire of just driving through and looking at the rivers, dreaming of fishing. Others, those not so interested, can be a bit jaded to all the hype as Crockett indicated.

I have lived here all my life and it never gets old. Many of my fondest, earliest memories are of my family camping out for weeks at a time in Cades Cove, brushing the snow off picnic tables to have a picnic in the winter (when you could actually drive up in the Smokies in the snow) and rock hopping with my sibs in the streams (before I knew how much fun it was to fish). 57 years and still enjoying it immensely.
    Charlie,
    You're making me wish retirement would hurry up and get here. I think I could wake up and look out at the mountains every day for the rest of the time God gives me on this earth and be a happy man. If he lets me fish a few days that would be a bonus.
    Jeff

Heck yeah Kevin I still want to go up Sams Creek but we might have to wait till the next week I got something going on that weekend

Adam

Let me know when you can get away so I don't make no plans. I sent you pictures of 2 more huge browns my friend randy and I caught today.....It's just unreal two hoglegs in one day.