Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sage FLi ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default Sage FLi ?

    Are the Sage Fli 's good for the money? i'm looking at buying one but would like to know more about them before i spend the money.

    thanks
    Rod

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    I like the sage fli rods. However, Sage makes several lower priced end rods that are great. The launch is nice and the older DS2 rods are nice and a touch slower. The FLI rods are a pretty good lower end rod for SAGE. What length and weight are you wanting?
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyred06 View Post
    I like the sage fli rods. However, Sage makes several lower priced end rods that are great. The launch is nice and the older DS2 rods are nice and a touch slower. The FLI rods are a pretty good lower end rod for SAGE. What length and weight are you wanting?

    I'm look at one for sale on another site that is a 9' 5 wt 4 pc 135 bucks. If you got one I would be wiling to trade ya an older DS for it in 8'6" 5 wt. I bought one and its too slow for me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Andersonville, TN
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodonthefly View Post
    I'm look at one for sale on another site that is a 9' 5 wt 4 pc 135 bucks. If you got one I would be wiling to trade ya an older DS for it in 8'6" 5 wt. I bought one and its too slow for me.
    What is the other site?
    Jason

    jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    W.NC
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I've fished a 480 Fli for a few years and love it. The action is just right for me. Still makes a brookie feel big but can quickly load line and cast long distance if needed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Thanks guys, well i sent the guy a e-mail asking how he wanted payment, he informed me it sold last night. Dang, guess it wasn't ment to be, do any of you all have one you would part with, in a 4 or 5 wt 9'

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kannapolis, NC
    Posts
    255

    Default

    I've got an FLi and have used one for several years. Fantastic fly rod. Especially for the price. Sage discontinued them several years ago, so they can be found at low prices.

    It's a fast action rod and shoots line like a champ. I recommend them 100%.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Great! thanks for the reviews now someone sale me one for 135 bucks since I was a retard and didn't buy the one i had found like a dumb A i waited to late.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Ive got a Sage XP 9ft 5weight for sale. Its in perfect shape. It will sell for quite a bit more then the FLi though.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." ~Unknown~

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tippet View Post
    Ive got a Sage XP 9ft 5weight for sale. Its in perfect shape. It will sell for quite a bit more then the FLi though.

    Shoot me a e-mail with your asking price at clinchriverflyfishing@gmail.com..

    i'm pretty sure I know you?

    Thanks
    Rodney

Similar Threads

  1. Sage TXL
    By bhall15 in forum Tackle and Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM
  2. sage
    By lauxier in forum Tackle and Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
  3. sage
    By lauxier in forum Tackle and Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM
  4. sage
    By lauxier in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
  5. sage rod---etc
    By lauxier in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •