Thread: Fishing my back yard again

Default Fishing my back yard again

I fished about and hour and a half in the stream that runs through my yard again. I caught around ten fish. Here are the pics. The last 2 pics are of the same fish.

lucky rascal...you know what runs through my back yard? my neighbors...and they aint fish

Lucky, lucky, lucky. I'm still laughing at Jubal, I've got chickens running around my back yard. They'll bite a fly but better have your 10 weight w/ plenty backing if that old rooster gets there first!!
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

Nice photos. How cool it must be to have a trout stream in your back yard. How do you get any housework, grass mowing, or anything else done?

Running through my back yard is my wife's little lap dog (the beady eyed lap weasel) dropping off little brown land sharks all over the place.

Jeff

I just bite the bullet one day a week and do all the mowing and other chores so I can jump in the creek if I have time. They used to stock this creek, but they quit at least ten years ago, then the drought killed most of the fish, but they are finally coming back.

Smile You should try to hook your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    lucky rascal...you know what runs through my back yard? my neighbors...and they aint fish
    Bet your neighbor would be alot harder to land than those rainbows! All though, I'd doubt they would be a keeper. That's a backyard fishing report I'd like to see.

duckypaddler--Your mention of hooking a neighbor brought to mind what has to be one of the funniest fishing tales ever told. It is Rudyard Kipling's "The Fine Art of Dry Cow Fishing." The title makes the object hooked obvious, and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good chuckle. The story appears in a number of angling anthologies. Of course I'm not sure whether many folks on this forum are inveterate readers like me, but I find far more pleasure in a good book and comfortable chair than in watching what passes for entertainment on the outdoor television networks. But then, I'm decidedly old-fashioned and was blessed to have grown up in a house with no TV.

Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Casada View Post
    duckypaddler--Your mention of hooking a neighbor brought to mind what has to be one of the funniest fishing tales ever told. It is Rudyard Kipling's "The Fine Art of Dry Cow Fishing."
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
    Even the mention of the story makes me laugh. Enjoy:

http://www.kipling.org.uk/drycow.htm