Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PB smallie,,,5/21/10, LPR

Default New PB smallie,,,5/21/10, LPR

Well thank goodness the rain didnt come like they said it would....Me and the lovely wife got in some fishing this morning....I wanted her to catch a big smallie...She did catch a few on small spinner baits and lost a very good size one too. I on the other hand caught several 1-2 pounders with a new pb in the mix, she might have went 5, very very fat girl...I caught all but one of mine on a wiggle minnow...and man did they nail it...It took me over 20 casts to land the big one...and when she did she nailed it, came out of the water 5-6 times and it took me a few mins to get her in...All in all a very very good day...

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Check out my gallery.....
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/

now that's what i'm talking about....awesome

Thanks,,,ive not been smallie fishing much, but im pretty much hooked now...But Ive got to get a bigger rod! I went back the next day and caught that big one again....
    There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Nice one but be careful, it's been a struggle for me to hit the trout waters sometimes after hooking up with my 1st smallmouth on a fly rod

Awesome! Good looking fish right there.

Dang, that is a nice small mouth! I've only ever caught one of that size, and it was on a Rapala. Did you tie that wiggle worm, or did you pick it up at the shop?
    I got no style, I'm strictly roots.

Picked it up, the guy said they where hitting them pretty good,,,I was a little skeptical, because id never even thrown one and wasnt real sure how to use one. My first cast was in a real shallow part just to see what it looked like and all of a sudden a small smallie nailed it! Reminded me of the old days throwing a hula popper...
    So are you supposed to strip it in like a popper or bring it in like a streamer, and make it wiggle through the water?
    I was popping it and stopping it like a pop-r or a hula popper....And caught all mine like that...

Wow, that looks like fun! I have caought a few very, very small smallmouth on the Tellico but always while looking for trout. Sunday, we went to a friends at the lake and I took my 6 wt to try for whatever might hit my bugger. I got a few bluegill early and around sundown I got a big bite! It was a big catfish but was extremely fum to catch!

How far down the little river do you have to go to get into some smallies?

Shaggy if your asking me about the Little river Ive seen good size smallies as far up as the Meadow campgrounds off Wears Valley rd...But smaller smallies as far us as the Y.
    But I got these in the Little Pigeon river in Sevierville, these are larger smallies because they have run up river from the French Broad. They start to run up river to spawn when the LPR temperature gets around 53-55 degrees. They only stay in the LPR for about a month to a month and a half...They go up river as far as the dam behind Blalocks...The other smallies that stay in the river are much much smaller and dont run back and forth between rivers, and go much higher in the river like the spur and Greenbrier....Hope this helps... Some other people on here may have more info or I may be totally wrong about somethings,,if so feel free to chime in...

what is that pattern in its mouth ??