Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New (to me) Canoe.....Needs Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Stana Claus View Post
    The pertinent part to your situation is, you should be able to find generic thwarts/yokes/seats at pretty much any shop that sells canoes. You can then cut everything to length to fit pretty much where ever you want to put it. I would try places like River Sports Outfitters or Blue Ridge Mountain Sports in Knoxville, or the Nantahala Outdoor Center in Bryson City, NC. Maybe even Gander Mountain or Bass Pro Shops.

Oops, just noticed the date on this one. So, did you ever find the parts you needed?
    Well, yes and no. I have decided to re-use the old seats and yoke, but I'm going to make my own gunwales out of ashe. I have the proper tools and a decent know-how, but finding the time has become the trouble.

The results are as follows for help from the places you suggested:
    River Sports Outfitters: the cause of the initial problem.
    Blue Ridge Mtn Sports: can order the gunwales, but are very costly + I'll have to pay for shipping on an LTL freight shipment.
    NOC: They want me to bring the canoe to Bryson City so they can make sure they order the right parts.
    Gander & Bass Pro: I wouldn't even waste a minute out of my day to try them.

BFish...I sent an email to Mohawk customer service, they never got back to me. I assume they don't want to fool with something that isn't their product. I don't blame them.

you can buy the wood you need at jefferies off chapman hwy where bullet bass boats are located here in knoxville

Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    you can buy the wood you need at jefferies off chapman hwy where bullet bass boats are located here in knoxville
    Thats where I buy all my stock for woodworking. They priced me 1" grade A ashe at a great board foot price a couple of weeks ago. Just need to set aside some time to start the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post

BFish...I sent an email to Mohawk customer service, they never got back to me. I assume they don't want to fool with something that isn't their product. I don't blame them.
    Try calling them, they ain't that tech savvy. The have ash yokes and thwarts, just a matter if they are the right size.