Thread: Cosby Creek pics.

Default Cosby Creek pics.

Drove out to Cosby Creek this morning to put my new outfit to good use and see what I could learn. Only fished a small stretch of stream, but did manage to catch 8 small brookies. One came all the way out of the water on the strike, thought that was pretty cool. Caught them all on a #14 Yellow EH Caddis..... at least I think that's what it's called.

Caught 4 from this pool, the rock made for a good hide.

Saw quite a few of these little fellars crawling around.

The meal of choice doesn't get much clearer than that!
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Cool pics knik I caught one in a trib of Cosby Creek on Saturday using my son's spider man rod (don't ask) and a BHPT. Got caught in a big rainstorm shortly after.
    Last edited by Crockett; 06-01-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Knik, nice pics and congrats on the new setup.

Crockett, you can not mention a BHPT and a Spiderman rod and not expect to explain.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

well i was going to post a report but you beat me to it. i caught 6 and lost a couple in about 2 hours fishing with and carrying a 3 year old. elijah found a big black stone fly dead on a rock in rock creek then gave up on me for dvd player. i didn't want to fish far from the car so i could check on the wife and kids. fished the big hole and the main channel after some tubers left. only luck i had was on nymphs.

Cosby is my favorite one in the Park. The stream and its banks really seem to hold you as you go above the campground, even some roadside portions seem a million miles away. Saw as many bears as I had trips there as well.

Glad you got into some brookies.

Have a Good 'Urn,
    bones

Jason I tied about 4 foot of tippet to the end of my sons 4 foot spider man rod and hung a bhpt off the end. We took it with us on the way to hike on saturday and i was intending for him to fish but he was too busy looking for salamanders with Amanda so I fished with it from behind some rocks where a big footbridge crosses the creek on the trail. I caught one nice one and had 3 or 4 on but they bounced off. Not much leverage on a spider man pole I found out. It was a bit embarrasing as at one time I turned around and had all kinds of hikers stopped on that bridge watching me down in the creek with my spider man pole hiding behind a rock. Pretty sad but it was still fun
    Last edited by Crockett; 06-01-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Just a side note......I went to Greenbriar after Cosby and boy was that a mistake. Saw no less than 10 other fisherman and the park was packed! Fished a small stretch with no action, then I found the boot prints. But the lessons learned were worth the visit.......I think.

great shots knik! cosby is a great area and i try not to tell many folk about it....even being somewhat close to i40, cosby somehow doesnt receive much pressure. as for greenbriar, it's a fantastic stretch...at times. just about anywhere in the park during summer wknds can be like grand central station. with a hatch of tubers that don't let up till winter. time to hit trails and find some specs.

Nice looking brooks.