Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough fishing?

What size buggers are you guys showing them? I've been doing some fishing for blue gill below Priest and I've been seeing the buffalo, but not many carp which is unusual for this time of the year. I was catching some really nice size blue gill on poppers, but it now appears the bait fishers have cleaned out my little honey hole. I may turn my attention to the buffalo. Silvercreek
    "Here fishy fishy."

Silvercreek,

I have been catching the buffalo below Priest on a size 6 and also size 10 bead head olive green wooly buggers with alot of flash in them. Like previously stated they will not take it unless bumping along the bottom. I tied some small size 10 wooly buggers and caught blue gills on them also.

By the way your secret hole you speak of I think I know where that may be. If I do it is not really a secret anymore. You can figure that out just by the amount of trash left around it. I don't mean to sound bad but would like to know how many of the mexicans fishing there have a fishing license or even a green card.

Hope this helps.

Brian Martin

Brian, thanks for the info. It was never a secret. Several folks nearby saw me catching the fish. I suspect very few have a license. A couple of years ago I was there during the winter trout season. There were about six folks fishing on my side of the river. The game warden showed up checking licenses. I and one other guy were the only ones left after the license check.
    "Here fishy fishy."