Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What are you scared of?

Flyman....we got "written" up twice for food violations...two days running while we were off fishing...campers above us kept pouring their grey water in the woods, kept a cooler in the back of their pickup uncovered and the campers below us ran their generator until after 10pm each night...I have camped in Elkmont for 35 years without any other problems from rangers or bears...the rangers who paid us our final visit even drove by our campsite before we turned in for the night...and no Rog is not short for Rogero and I do have my papers.

Mice!!! I hate mice and dont even like a dead one. Usually the GF has to throw a mouse away if caught on a trap. I will scream like a little girl and stand on the chair if I see one most of the time. LOL I also dont care for snakes if I don't know they are there and am slightly scared of heights.
    "Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis

Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    Cows, seriously I have an extreme fear of cattle and other forms of domesticated live stock.

Other then that not much. I like snakes and don't mind spiders.

That's the funniest thing I have ever heard you say! You big baby

Default scared of

Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets... because I'm highly allergic to the little bastards! I always have my epipen, but that's only a quick fix. I had a business associate, 49 years old and avid runner, who ran over a nest of yellowjackets with his mower....was dead before anyone could call 911. So if you think you might be allergic, get to the doctor and get a prescription for an epipen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rog 1 View Post
    After being visited by two armed enforcement Park Rangers last week while camping in Elkmont for having been left a warning for leaving a small empty cooler under our camper and not having locked up several pots and plates....I now fear being shackled by the law.
    Well, they can get me too then, because I've left a cooler out before that had nothing but ice and water in it. Guess I won't be doing that anymore, simply to avoid the harassment.

As for them being armed, that wouldn't bother me too much. I suppose my wife and I could always compare sidearms with them, although theirs would inevitably be nicer.
    lol
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website