Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brookie painting

Plunker--Most if not all of those mini-cairns are placed there by visitors, not locals. Also, I think they are almost always the work of hikers, not anglers. As for ghost stories, there are tales of haints aplenty connected with the Smokies and a number of books on such stories.
    Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

Default Fly fisherman just can't sit still ...

Bran, keep plugging away. While I haven't made any fish art or outdoors related art, I am always inspired that fly fishermen seem to be the type who like to make things (fly tying, rod building, photography, painting ect.) Only two things can keep me from fishing, work, and art-making. Being a ceramic engineer it only seemed natural to get involved with ceramic art. Link and Photos of my BFA thesis exhibition.

Lots more photos here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/danvuon...th/4616343641/
    "I still don't know why I fish or other men fish, except we like it and it makes us think and feel." - Roderick L. Haig Brown

Red face Mini-Cairns

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Casada View Post
    Plunker--Most if not all of those mini-cairns are placed there by visitors, not locals. As for ghost stories, there are tales of haints aplenty connected with the Smokies and a number of books on such stories.
    Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
    Thanks Mr.Jim, I searched the depths of my vocabulary and could not come up with that description....Leave it to our Merciful Professor of Literature and Trout to help a guy out. That was driving me nuts....

Speaking of Books...Please allow me to thank you for your Excellent treatise on Smoky Mountain Trout fishing. I got my copy from LRO, and it was HUGELY responsible for a great fising trip last april.
    Again...Thank You!

Nice Danny, thanks for sharing those, I can definately see the creativity. I never really thought about what you have stated about fly fishermen but it's so true. Very creative lot as a whole.
    Plunker, I'd spend a night at the Elmont cabins in a skinny minute!! I love that place and I'm gonna build a replica of that pink house one day somewhere. The whole ghost town thing just fascinates me and fishing down back of daisy town on Jakes under those old decks or up past Millionaire's row on LR always gets me thinking about how it must have been back then. There's frustratingly little info. on the club towns, I've bought every book I can find that even mentions them and that's about all any of them do. Last train to Elkmont says more about them than any other book I've found and it's not near enough for my curiosity!!
    Mr. Cassida, have you ever ran across anything with any depth of information about the club towns or day to day happenings of that era at Elkmont? Just wondering...... You would think someone would have did a diary or autobiography on it at some time, preferably someone that managed or had day to day dealings with the Appalachian or Wonderland.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.