Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My First Brookie

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Casada View Post
    Kim--When it comes to "homework" on Tellico nymphs or anything else connected with fly flishing for trout, I'll simply share my favorite quotation from Horace Kephart. There's a lot about the man, and especially his book, Our Southern Highlanders, which frosts my grits (and I'll be speaking to that effect in an invitation-only Kephart symposium at the Univ. of Tennessee in November), but his Camping & Woodcraft is wonderful. In it he writes: "In the school of the outdoors there is no graduation day."
    That certainly applies to fly fishing in the Smokies, and simply knowing there's always a new challenge, always something to learn, just adds to the appeal.
    Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
    Great quote Jim. I have been an avid outdoorsman for over 20 years and truly understand the Idea of never learning everything about the outdoors. The challenge and passion is what fuels my fire to learn more. Just received your book Saturday and enjoyed what little I have had a chance to read. I have read more of your posts; the forum is fortunate to have an active contributor such as yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Kim Razor

Quote Originally Posted by icSpecs View Post
    Do I sense a little fly fishing animosity between you and Flyman? I sense a fly fishing challenge brewing.
    Flyman can't be trusted.

He told me that there were no fish on his side of the park. I went over there and caught fish? Lots of smoke and mirrors from that guy.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by GrouseMan77 View Post
    Flyman can't be trusted.

He told me that there were no fish on his side of the park. I went over there and caught fish? Lots of smoke and mirrors from that guy.
    And he keeps a pet doe locked in his guest bedroom. He has obviously spent too much time in the woods