Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pamela Duncan

Cool! Will do I have noticed that with Chinese culture myself. Lots of attention to being respectful to elders etc. Wierd language though. One word can mean 15 different things, it just depends on how you emphasize the various syllables. I didn't realize you were an English Major. Cool. I wish I could write well. I will check into the people you mentioned. Cooling down on the Cane BTW. You should come up!

Found this, it's free and it's a pretty detailed history of the immigrants who settled Appalachia; and it's free. Downloadable.

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu...an&tmode=words
    "even Jesus had a 12 man recon team"

Default Girly Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
    "On The Spine Of Time" is on the way to my house. I don't even think it has any girly stuff in it.
    It depends on your definition of "girly stuff". Mr. Tewksbury and Harry have some discussion about "girly stuff" although I don't think it is the kind you are referring to.

Enjoy the book. I certainly did and still do. By the way, have someone check those knots on your head when you can. You will understand in time.
    Don Winningham

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.

Nah, BRF, I wasn't an English major. But I did minor in creative writing. My degree ain't worth spit. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Found this, it's free and it's a pretty detailed history of the immigrants who settled Appalachia; and it's free. Downloadable.

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu...an&tmode=words
    Cool! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by donwinn View Post
    It depends on your definition of "girly stuff". Mr. Tewksbury and Harry have some discussion about "girly stuff" although I don't think it is the kind you are referring to.

Enjoy the book. I certainly did and still do. By the way, have someone check those knots on your head when you can. You will understand in time.
    Hmmm...Knots? I will have to read in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    Nah, BRF, I wasn't an English major. But I did minor in creative writing. My degree ain't worth spit. Bah.
    I don't know, you seem purdy smart!

Thanks, man. Your check's in the mail.